The CRC (Community Rowing Challenge) is an 8 week rowing program for community members, businesses, groups of friends and clubs. All Welcome! No rowing experience necessary!
Starting at the end of June, each crew practices once per week with a dedicated coach where participants will enjoy teamwork, fun and fitness, while learning to row with friends and co-workers. Practices will take place over 8 weeks.
The event concludes with a Championship Regatta on Saturday, August 17th 2019 where teams put their rowing skills to test in head to head races. Please contact the CRC organizer for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost per Team of 4: $900.00 plus $50 for a spare (5th rower)
To pay by cheque, please contact the WRC Treasurer email@example.com for a code to enter during the registration process.
(Fees includes Manitoba Rowing Association & Rowing Canada fees of $40 per rower and GST.)
Schedule for 2019 (Registration Opens April 5th, 2019)
- CRC #1 – Early Monday Evenings 5:30-7pm Starting June 10th
- CRC #2 – Late Monday Evenings 7-8:30pm Starting June 10th
- CRC #3 – Tuesday Mornings 6-7:30am Starting June 11th
- CRC #4 – Early Tuesday Evenings 5:30-7pm Starting June 11th
- CRC #5 – Late Tuesday Evenings 7-8:30pm Starting June 11th
- CRC #6 – Early Wednesday Evenings 5:30-7pm Starting June 12th
- CRC #7 – Late Wednesday Evenings 7-8:30pm Starting June 12th
- CRC #8 – Thursday Mornings 6-7:30am Starting June 13th
- CRC #9 – Early Thursday Evenings 5:30-7PM Starting June 13th
- CRC #10 – Late Thursday Evenings 7-8:30pm Starting June 13th
Registration is by teams of four with the option of one spare for an additional $50. Teams row in quads with four people at a time. Each race at the Championship Regatta must include at least one female team member.
Short a teammate to form a crew? Wondering if an alternative time might be available? Contact the CRC organizer with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MANITOBA ROWING ASSOCIATION & ROWING CANADA AVIRON FEE: Why are you paying a fee to MRA & RCA? What is the benefit to you? The primary benefit to both you and WRC is insurance. Our national body provides us with significant level of liability insurance to protect you and this club in case of accident on water. Our provincial and national sport governing bodies are important partners in our operations.
REFUND POLICY: If a registrant withdraws from a program more than 10 days before the start date, they may receive a refund less a $45 processing fee or full credit for another program in the same year. If a registrant withdraws from a program less than 10 days before the start date of the program, they may receive a credit only for another program in the same year. Credits or transfers may not be carried over into the next season. NO REFUNDS, CREDITS OR TRANSFERS WILL BE GIVEN ON OR AFTER THE START DATE OF THE PROGRAM.