This policy specifies how members can earn back their annual volunteer deposit paid by members along with their annual membership. The Winnipeg Rowing Club is a predominantly volunteer organization that relies on the membership base for volunteers. The volunteer deposit is meant to encourage volunteering in some key areas to maintain more affordable membership fees.
How to Earn the Deposit Back
Once a full member completes 12 hours of the qualifying volunteer tasks, the member is eligible for reimbursement of their volunteer deposit. Deposits will first be applied to any outstanding balances with the WRC and then will be reimbursed with a credit to your Regatta Central account.
Qualifying Volunteer Tasks
- Volunteer coach (including, but not limited to: a program coach, LTR, CRC)
- Bow for Learn to Row (suggested for Novice rowers to get more coaching and experience, but open to anyone)
- Club Clean-up – Spring, Fall, before club hosted events
- Chair the CRC, Head of the Red, or other committee
- Assist with Corporate Team Building events or youth camps
- Volunteer at other club fundraising events (CRC regatta, club rented events – as security)
- Assist Treasurer on finance committee
- Snow Removal Team
- Dock Maintenance Team
- House and Grounds Team
- Boats and Equipment Team
- Take Emergency or Standard First Aid course – and volunteer for 6 hours with for WRC events requiring First Aid – including CRC, Head of the Red, and Winnipeg Indoor Rowing Championships
- Elected or appointed member of the WRC Board of Directors.
- Other opportunities at the discretion of the WRC Board of Directors
Does not Qualify – as without these, we cannot row
- Putting Docks in and taking docks out
- Club flood protection
Tracking of Hours
The Director of Operations will be the keeper of the volunteer hours. Please sign the form outside the Administration office when you have completed a shift and have the coach, board, or staff member overseeing the tasks sign beside your name. If by March 25th you have not received your deposit and you feel you did your required tasks, please ask at that time. There will be no deposits returned after April 1 st for the prior membership year.