In anticipation of the start the rowing, the following guidelines have been established for getting on the water:
1. All sandbags will be moved off the tarmac, the flood barrier will be dismantled and moved off the tarmac, and the tarmac should be cleaned/cleared of mud and debris.
2. Water levels will drop below the tarmac.
3. Two Coach Boats on the Water until May 1, 2010, Standard Cold water rowing in place starting on May 1, 2010.
4. Until May 1, 2010, rowing will only be allowed during posted times (6:00am to 8:00am, and 4:30pm to 6:30pm).
5. Only experienced rowers, based on coach discretion, will be allowed on the water before May 1, 2010.
6. Choice of crews and boats are at the discretion of the coaches supervising the session. Coaches will endeavour to use only large boats.
7. All members will obey WRC safety policies and adhere to cold water rowing rules.
8. No rowing earlier than Monday, April 19, 2010.
9 . Only those members with a valid membership and who have watched the safety video for 2010 are eligible to row.
These criteria will be assessed on a day-to-day basis and may be revised based on new information. Revisions may include suspending all on-water rowing, if conditions are not safe.